Learn how to connect Spotify and Shazam so you never forget to add a song to your playlist again.
If you love music like most of us, you probably have Shazam on your phone. In fact, you probably use it often to find music playing around you. Luckily, Shazam keeps track of your history, so you can go back and listen to your tunes at any time.
But another amazing benefit of having Shazam is the ability to use it with your streaming app, like Apple Music and Spotify, where you already listen to all your favorite music. This article explains how to use Shazam with Spotify.
How to Connect Spotify and Shazam
If you have Spotify, it’s a good idea to connect it to Shazam, so that you can enjoy your Shazam tracks. It doesn’t make sense to listen to your Shazams on one platform and all your other music on another.
Here’s how to log into Spotify on Shazam:
- Open Shazam on your phone.
- On iPhone or iPad, swipe up to reveal the Settings icon. On Android, swipe left to Library from the main screen.
- Faucet Settings in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Press now Relate next to Spotify.
- If you are currently signed in to Apple Music, Shazam will display a pop-up message explaining that signing in to Spotify will disconnect Shazam from Apple Music. Faucet Login to Spotify.
- Faucet Open at the next prompt.
- Shazam will now ask you to authorize it to access Spotify on your behalf. Read the terms and press Accept.
How to sync your Shazams with Spotify
This essential step will allow you to access and listen to your Shazam playlist on the Spotify app. The process is similar to syncing your Shazams with Apple Music.
Here’s how to sync your Shazams with Spotify:
- After connecting Shazam to Spotify, Shazam will show you a pop-up message asking you to sync. Press the OKAY button. If you don’t get the prompt immediately, try opening one of your Shazams after connecting both apps.
- The “My Shazam Tracks” playlist is now created in the Spotify app.
Shazam isn’t the only music recognition app out there, but it’s one of the most accurate apps for finding songs. And it is also the most popular. That’s why people often direct you to Shazam when asking for details about a song playing around you.
How to listen to your Shazams on Spotify
Now that you’ve connected and synced Shazam to Spotify, you can stream your Shazam tracks in two ways: directly from Shazam and through the “My Shazam Tracks” playlist on Spotify.
How to Quickly Play a Shazam on Spotify
This method allows you to stream a full song on Spotify through the Shazam app.
- Open Shazam
- On iPhone, swipe up to access your music history. On Android, tap Library in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Tap the song you want to listen to.
- Now press the Spotify button.
- If you get a prompt that Shazam wants to open Spotify, tap Open.
How to find your Shazams on Spotify
This method allows you to stream your complete Shazam playlist on Spotify even if you are using the free version of Spotify.
- Open the Spotify app on your phone.
- Faucet Your library at the bottom of the screen.
- Press now Playlists in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap the My Shazam Tracks playlist.
There’s so much more to explore in the world of Spotify, like these useful Spotify tips and tricks that every user should know.
Enjoy your Shazams on Spotify
There are many ways to listen to music on your phone these days. Unlike some music streaming services, Spotify lets you enjoy your favorite music and discover new sounds even without a paid subscription.
And when you connect Shazam to Spotify, you can easily find and stream the music you’ve recently discovered. This allows you to consolidate your music streaming to avoid using multiple apps for the same purpose.